Emily & Matt's wedding at Somerford Hall, Staffordshire.

Like all great love stories Matt & Emily met...........................in a bar!! Fast forward 9 years for a romantic proposal on bended knee. Here's Emily to tell us the details:

'His best man Holoman is a singer (as you know) he arranged a gig with him. 1/2 way through his set he started singing our song and during a slight pause in the song matt took the mic and got down on one knee in a room full of people! That song then became our first dance song.'



Somerford Hall is a beautiful, Georgian Manor House. Matt & Emily loved its grand but rustic feeling as it matched their vintage theme. I'm in total agreement with them that the grounds are gorgeous.




I asked Emily to tell me the best part of their day. Here's what she told me:

It's difficult to say which was the best part of our day because we loved every minute! But if I had to I would say that it was the moment I turned the corner to see matt at the end of the aisle. All of the stress, worry and anxiety melted away and everything just suddenly fell into place. Luckily that moment was beautifully captured by yourself and that's one of my favourite pictures :-) 


My bridesmaids were my sister Sally (matron of honour) and my best friends Nikki, Michelle and Charlotte. I asked them because I love them all so much and I couldn't have imagined not having them by my side. They supported me through all the wedding stress during the build up and during my freak out just before I walked down the aisle! 
















As a photographer you are spoilt for choice for beautiful settings at Somerford Hall even in late autumn.


I asked Emily for some advice for any couples arranging their wedding day:

I would advise all bride and grooms to be to plan ahead as much as possible so there's not loads left to do at the end. Work as a team together it's both of your days so let the groom have some input! Most importantly it's your day and don't let anyone tell you what to do or what to have do it just how you want it! 




And finally some 'thank you's:

Our thank yous would be to our parents. for all the support and help they gave us during the build up and planning. And to all of our guests for making our day so amazing! 




Comments

  1. Hello friend!! Would you be able to recommend me some beautiful rental halls in Philadelphia? I need to book affordable venues for my wedding and reception celebration, but couldn’t find any venue in my budget.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts